Rental Application Criteria
Before submitting your rental application please review our rental criteria to make sure that you will pass the background check. If you have any questions or concerns about meeting our rental criteria, please call our office at 253-863-8117. Please note SJC Management Group does not accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports.
SJC Management Group also requests pet screening.
Rental Application Screening Criteria, SJC Management Group
- Twelve (12) months of verifiable rental history or home ownership.
- NO evictions
- NO outstanding money owed to a landlord or Property Management company.
- Proper notice given to current or previous landlords.
- We reserve the right to deny your application if we are unable to verify your rental history.
- We reserve the right to deny your application based on poor rental history.
- Twelve (12) months of current employment or twelve (12) months in a similar job.
- Self-employed persons will need to show proof of income (tax returns, etc.)
- Other stable income may be acceptable if NO employment.
- Gross income (including co-applicant) shall be A MINIMUM of three (3) times the rent amount.
- Income includes sources other than employment.
- Ability to pay all deposits and rent in full, prior to move-in.
- Vouchers, such as section 8, accepted for all of our properties. Income requirement for a voucher recipient is 3 times the applicants portions of rent, not 3 times the full rent price.
- One (1) year of established credit history.
- All Credit Accounts must be current.
- No undischarged bankruptcies.
- One (1) year of established credit after bankruptcy.
- We reserve the right to deny your application based on poor credit history
Criminal Record Requirements:
A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant age 18 years or more. The application may be denied for any of the following reported criminal related reasons that have occurred within the timeline identified below prior to the application date regardless of the applicant's age at the time the offense was committed. All records are evaluated from the date of disposition.
- Offense Felony Misdemeanor
- Crimes against a Person or Property 7 years 5 years
- Drug Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
- Theft or Fraud by Check Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
- Sex Related and Terrorism Related Offenses Declined regardless of time
- Prostitution Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
- Weapons Related Offense 7 years 5 years
- Cruelty To Animals Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
- Any Other Felony Offense, (ex: traffic, DUI) 7 years N/A
- Deferred Adjudication and/or Adjudication Withheld Off probation/parole for 5 years
- Pending Cases and/or Arrest Warrants Approved
- Active Status on Probation and Parole Off probation/parole for 5 years
- Pre-Trial Intervention/Diversion Approved
- Please remember that this requirement does not constitute a guarantee or representation that residents or occupants currently residing in our community have not been convicted of or subject to deferred adjudication for a felony, certain misdemeanors or sex offenses requiring registration under applicable law. Our ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available to us by the resident credit reporting services used.
- If an applicant has a criminal record returned, we will use the following Criminal Conviction Review Process:
- Agent will engage in an individualized assessment of the applicant's, or other proposed occupants, convictions if applicant has satisfied all other criteria (the denial was based solely on one or more convictions) and:
- Applicant has submitted supporting documentation prior to the public records search; or
- Applicant is denied based on failure to satisfy these criminal criteria and has submitted a written request along with supporting documentation. Supporting documentation may include:
- Letter from parole or probation office;
- Letter from caseworker, therapist, counselor, etc.;
- Certifications of treatments/rehab programs;
- Letter from employer, teacher, etc.
- Certification of training is completed;
- Proof of employment; and Statement of the applicant.
- Statement of the applicant.
The number of occupants per unit is limited to no more than 2 people per bedroom plus one more for the property; unless local fire safety codes are more prohibitive.
- Each applicant over 18 years of age will be required to produce a photo I.D. ( a driver’s license or other government issued photo identification card).
- Material false information on your application may result in denial.
- Consider relevant individualized evidence of mitigating factors, which may include: the facts or circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct; the age of the convicted person at the time of the conduct; time since the criminal conduct; time since release from incarceration or completion of parole; evidence that the individual has maintained a good tenant history before and/or after the conviction or conduct; and evidence of rehabilitation efforts. Agent may request additional information and may consider whether there have been multiple convictions as part of this process.
- Notify the applicant of the results of the agent's review within a reasonable time after receipt of all required information.
- Hold the unit for which the application was received for a reasonable time under all the circumstances to complete the review unless prior to receipt of applicant's written request (if made after denial) the unit was committed to another applicant.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA MAY RESULT IN THE DENIAL OF THE APPLICANT TO RENT.
All prospective tenants over the age of 18 will need to fill out an application. Applications can either be filled out online or printed out and filled out by hand. For online applications married couples must fill out separate applications. There is an application fee of $45.00 per person. Before applying please contact us to make sure there is not an application already in process for the property you are interested in. For online applications only, debit/credit card payments are accepted. For paper applications the fee may be paid with cash, money order, or by credit/debit card (we do not accept checks for the application fee). To pay by credit/debit just fill out the credit/debit payment section on the application. The application fee is not refundable. Below is a link to our Application and our Rental Criteria. Please note that SJC Management Group does not accept reusable tenant screening reports.
If you have pets, the SJC Management Group now requires pet screening. The cost for pet screening is $20 for the first Pet Profile and $15 for each additional pet profile. There is no charge ($0) for an Assistance Animal Accommodation Request.
Standard application processing time is 2-3 days. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 253-863-8117.Available Rentals