Move Out Cleaning Checklist
Cleaning List for Tenants to Perform Upon Vacating
Please note this may not include all needed cleaning as each property is different. This is intended only as a helpful reference guide.
- Wash all windows inside and out in all rooms. Clean out window tracks.
- Wash window sills and curtain rods.
- Wash inside and outside of front and back doors.
- Clean out the fireplace if applicable.
- Mow lawn and weed flower beds if applicable.
- All marks must be washed off the walls. Remove all nails.
- Wash all vinyl and tile floors. If the fireplace is gas, make sure you clean off the inside
of the glass.
- All carpeting is to be vacuumed and professionally shampooed. Save receipts and turn in to
the manager; or request that the manager arrange to have this done and the cost will be
deducted from your security deposit.
- All trash must be removed from the premises.
- Clean all blinds and wash or dry clean all drapes and valances.
- Clean all light fixtures throughout the unit and replace any burnt out bulbs.
- Clean all vents and replace furnace filters.
- Clean the inside and out of the dishwasher and range hood.
- Scrub kitchen floor, including under the movable appliances.
- Wash the inside of the refrigerator with warm water.
- Take out vegetable drawers and wash in warm water, dry and replace.
- Wash and dry outside of the refrigerator.
- Move the refrigerator out from the wall and clean underneath. DO NOT TURN OFF!
- Freezer must be defrosted and cleaned.
- Remove racks and broiler pan, soak in hot water to clean, dry well.
- Clean the inside of the oven, top of stove, under elements, pan drawer, exhaust fan, hood.
- Remove the lower drawer and clean under the stove.
- Wash and dry outside of the stove.
Cabinets and Drawers:
- Wash cupboards inside and out. Remove any shelf paper.
- Wipe out drawers with a damp rag.
- Clean sink and counter tops.
- Wash down the tile.
- Clean bathtub, tile around the tub, sink, door and fixtures.
- Clean inside and outside of the toilet.
- Clean the inside of medicine cabinet
- Wash mirrors.
- Scrub floor.
- Clean off fan vents.
- Mow and edge grass; weed/clean out flower beds; trim shrubs
- Haul away all garbage and recycling
- Clean gutters